Download Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes
Knowing the method the best ways to get this book Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes is likewise valuable. You have actually remained in right site to begin getting this details. Get the Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes link that we supply here as well as go to the link. You can get guide Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes or get it as quickly as possible. You can rapidly download this Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes after getting offer. So, when you need the book quickly, you can straight receive it. It's so easy and so fats, isn't it? You should prefer to in this manner.
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes
Download Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes
Why must select the trouble one if there is simple? Get the profit by purchasing the book Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes here. You will certainly obtain various way to make a bargain and obtain guide Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes As understood, nowadays. Soft data of the books Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes come to be popular among the visitors. Are you one of them? And right here, we are offering you the new compilation of ours, the Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes.
As recognized, experience and encounter about lesson, entertainment, and expertise can be gained by only reading a publication Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes Even it is not straight done, you could recognize more concerning this life, about the world. We provide you this proper and also very easy means to gain those all. We provide Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes as well as lots of book collections from fictions to scientific research at all. Among them is this Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes that can be your partner.
Just what should you assume more? Time to get this Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes It is very easy then. You could only sit as well as stay in your location to get this book Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes Why? It is on the internet book establishment that offer a lot of compilations of the referred publications. So, merely with internet connection, you can appreciate downloading this publication Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes as well as numbers of publications that are hunted for currently. By seeing the link page download that we have provided, guide Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes that you refer a lot can be found. Merely save the asked for publication downloaded and install then you can enjoy the book to read whenever and location you really want.
It is really simple to review guide Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes in soft file in your device or computer system. Again, why ought to be so tough to get the book Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes if you can select the less complicated one? This internet site will certainly ease you to choose and pick the very best collective books from one of the most wanted seller to the released publication just recently. It will consistently update the collections time to time. So, hook up to internet and also see this website constantly to obtain the new book everyday. Now, this Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, By Marian Keyes is your own.
What happens when a psychic tells Lucy that she'll be getting married within the year? Her roommates panic! What is going to happen to their blissful existence of eating take-out, drinking too much wine, bringing men home, and never vacuuming?
Lucy reassures her friends that she's far too busy arguing with her mother and taking care of her irresponsible father to get married. And then there's the small matter of not even having a boyfriend.
But then Lucy meets gorgeous, unreliable Gus. Could he be the future Mr. Lucy Sullivan? Or could it be handsome Chuck? Or Daniel, the world's biggest flirt? Or even cute Jed, the new guy at work?
Maybe her friends have something to worry about after all....
- Sales Rank: #765441 in Books
- Brand: Keyes, Marian
- Published on: 2002-04
- Released on: 2007-01-23
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 8.00" h x 1.03" w x 5.31" l, 1.15 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 640 pages
From Publishers Weekly
Lucy Sullivan, the eponymous heroine of Irish writer Keyes's second offbeat romantic comedy to be published in the U.S. (after Watermelon), fancies herself simultaneously miserable and happy. A 26-year-old Londoner, Lucy is the kind of woman who thinks that any man who's decent to her must be Mr. Wrong. But when she visits a fortune-teller with a trio of mismatched friends, a marriage is predicted for the near future. When the fortune-teller's prophecies for the other three come true in peculiar ways, even disbelieving, boyfriendless Lucy begins to suspect that, somehow, wedding bells will ring for her. The identity of the lucky man will come as no surprise, though Lucy remains oblivious until the very end, but there are many eligible bachelors on the scene, among them Gus, Lucy's sexy but unreliable new lover; Daniel, her oldest friend; Chuck, a handsome American; and Adrian, the video shop man. The attendant mayhem includes drunken meals at ethnic restaurants, flamenco dancing accidents, blind dates gone wrong and many delicious confessions and revelations. As Lucy says, "I was still at that stage in my life when I thought that weekdays were for recovering from the weekend," but more often than not, her weekdays are as full of exhausting fun as her weekends. Surprisingly for a comic novel, the book also takes on the serious themes of clinical depression and alcoholism, handling both with sensitivity and humor. Throughout, the effervescent narrative is fueled by witty repartee; though its outcome may be predictable, its sentiments are heartfelt, and its progress is sprightly. Fans of Bridget Jones will be delighted. Agent, Russell Galen of Scovil Chichak Galen. (Aug.) Holiday.
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
From Library Journal
Following the successful Watermelon, the Irish-born, London-based Keyes introduces us to Lucy, luckless in love but destined (according to a tarot card reading) to be married within the year.
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
From Booklist
Lucy Sullivan is stuck in a humdrum life: a boring, dead-end job, no prospects for love, and roommates with far more interesting lives than her own, as far as she can tell. Then she meets up with Gus, an adorable Irish musician, whose cheerful ramblings and drunken adventures sweep her off her feet. Lucy is giddy, completely in love, and even feels as though she's finally experiencing as much excitement as her pals. Then things get even better when her best friend Daniel begins to date her roommate Karen--now she has even more to tease him about. But soon it all unravels: Gus drifts away, and her parents' marriage comes to an abrupt end. Daniel stays steadfastly by her side as she realizes some uncomfortable truths about her life, but he could never replace Gus in her heart. . . or could he? Keyes' tale is both hilarious and suspenseful, and so warmly told it feels just like comfy girltalk with a cherished friend. Alexandra Shrake
Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Not Keyes' Best
By A Customer
Overall, this book is nothing but a light and fluffy summer read. While I found some parts quite enjoyable, I would not say this is one of Ms. Keyes' best novels.
The main character, Lucy (although flawed like us all) became a bit overbearing as the story progressed, primarily through her ill treatment of her long-time friend, Daniel. Despite the author's attempts at making Daniel appear as a flirtatious and womanizing character, it wasn't carried off very well. Throughout the story, I felt increasingly sorry for Daniel and wondered why he was wasting his time with someone who insulted him and pushed him away during her time of need. As an avid reader, I was not "roped into" perceiving Daniel as a flirt or as a womanizer and seemed to feel his agony at not getting closer to Lucy, despite his failed attempts. Rather than understanding and sympathizing with Lucy (our supposed protagonist), I tended to lean more toward finding out how Daniel was holding up in the story.
Gus, another character in the story I found annoying, seemed to just fill the pages with endless chatter and mindless thoughts. I,embarrassingly enough, flipped by some of the pages of the book just to avoid having to endure Gus' never-ending talk. Sad to say, I noticed that I didn't miss anything when I finally began steadily reading after skipping Gus' scenes.
Although things get righted at the end of the story -- an ending I really did enjoy and found it well-written -- I felt the 600+ pages of story could have been shortened. Gus' ramblings appeared to have taken up a lot of unnecessary space. This is a fluffy summer read, nothing to keep on the bookshelf.
7 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
Jane Austen meets the TV show "Friends"!
By CoffeeGurl
Having read Rachel's Holiday, Marian Keyes's latest book, I thought I should definitely read one of her earlier novels. I had been looking for a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy to read and Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married did not disappoint. What great novel! This book shouldn't be compared to Bridget Jones -- it shines its own light.
Lucy Sullivan has received the news of a lifetime: a psychic has predicted that she will be married within a year. The problem is that she has no idea to whom. Who is the lucky man? No one knows. Of course, the search for Mr. Sullivan will take some interesting and rough turns, for Lucy isn't exactly a girl with very high dating standards.
This is a great novel. The story is very reminiscent to a Jane Austen novel -- it has that heroine-looking-for-love-in-all-the-wrong-places-but-wouldn't-notice-the-true-love-of-her-life-if-it-hit-her-in-the-head love theme. I loved it. Also, it's like a more intelligent version of the TV sitcom Friends. I loved the neurotic characters. Lucy's roommates -- Karen, the bossy and high maintenance one and Charlotte, the ditsy and naive one -- are hilarious! As are Daniel (he seemed adorable), Megan and Meredia. I laughed so much with this one. In fact, I was given some puzzled looks on the train on my way to work. My only complaint is Keyes's obvious need to stereotype races. Oh, and having read Rachel's Holiday, I have detected a pattern in Keyes's writing -- a pattern that I cannot discuss for it might spoil the plot.
Funny, charming, and as resistible as it is addicting, Lucy Sullivan should be on every woman's reading list. That is if you're in the mood for good British humor.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Liked better than Watermelon
By S. Thompson
After reading Watermelon, I decided I had to give Marion Keyes other books a try. I am not disappointed with Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married. In fact, I like it more. Keyes' at time monotonous first-person style in Watermelon is under control in Lucy Sullivan, and the characters are more fleshed out. For example, I did not quite believe that Claire's husband in Watermelon could really exist in real life but the object of Lucy's desire, the incredibly self-centered Gus, was entirely believable (I think I may have dated him myself). I found Lucy's depression and low self-esteem utterly realistic. At times I was exasperated with her-I wanted to shake her out of the poor choices she was making. However, it's been my experience that it's the characters I want to yell at most that I find the most endearing by the end. Definitely pick up this book this summer.
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes PDF
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes EPub
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes Doc
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes iBooks
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes rtf
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes Mobipocket
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, by Marian Keyes Kindle
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar